What is CURIOSITY?
- CURIOSITY is a automatic whitebox functional coverage generation tool
- Its targeted to fill the gap between the code coverage and stimulus/application driven black box functional coverage
What value does CURIOSITY offer?
- Addresses the limitations of the code coverage through automatically generated functional coverage
- Helps you find coverage holes in your test suite without writing functional coverage
- Build metrics to tune regression to cover RTL design areas in a way that matters
- Improve confidence in your test suite
Where does CURIOSITY fit?
What are the inputs/outputs of CURIOSITY?
What is effort involved in integration with the regression flow?
- No change required in your RTL or Testbench code
- Just include Curiosity generated SystemVerilog code in compile flow
- Run regressions and review the functional coverage through normal simulator dashboard
- Simulation speed impact based on the total number of covergroups created
What are use case models?
- New testbench development where the functional coverage is still not ready
- For new features in existing testbench where the functional coverage is not ready
- Quick functional coverage to discover verification holes around bugs found in emulation and post silicon validation
- Allows utilizing the benefits of the functional coverage early in the project without the time and effort spent in writing it
What are the key features?
- Whitebox functional coverage generation tool for design and verification engineers
- Designers can also easily create the functional coverage for areas of interest without knowing SystemVerilog
- Can easily adapt to changing RTL design
- Disposable functional coverage, focus where it matters at the moment
- Does not clutter the RTL design files
- Bring up time in hours
- Can work in any testbench that has SystemVerilog support with Verilog RTL
- Verification methodology independent
Does it completely replace my full functional coverage?
- No, its whitebox functional coverage
- It cannot identify if a feature that has not been implemented in RTL design at all
- Black box functional coverage targeting application use scenarios will still have to be created
For questions, more information or request for demo, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org